Saturday, March 28, 2009

For Renee [ poetry: what attacks? ]

The day we've all been waiting for
Addressed in movies, songs, and books,
Has come to our now-present's door,
Slyly, despite watchful looks.

There are no tripods, beams of light,
Our skies are flying-saucer- free.
They came to Earth a summer night,
To make their simple hostage'ry.

They came from planet aptly named
After the Grecian god of war
A heavenly body crimson-stain'd;
Burning bright vermillion star.

Perhaps they are around you now,
Over your shoulder this is read-
The unfamiliar firmly vow
To steal you from your creaking bed.

And when those bedsprings have released,
When your body's gone and left,
All the noises dulled and ceased,
Caused by fingers swift and deft,

You will be so far away-
In craft without easy depiction.
How long you'll be I cannot say,
This is a quick-writ work of fiction.

3 comments:

-evan said...

wrote this on renee's onenote- whilst in my room, etcetera- gathered my inspiration from a certain t-shirt.

Tabitha said...

This is clever, Evan--and it's even written in true verse. I'll comment on the others later. :P

Tabitha said...

Oh yeah, I also like the ending--as I said, clever!